Thursday, December 26, 2013


1. USCIS Offices will be closed on December 25 and also on January 1.

Field Office and International Office Closures
If YouThen
Have an appointment for an interview and the USCIS office you have been scheduled for is closed,USCIS will automatically reschedule you for an interview as soon as possible.
Scheduled an InfoPass appointment and the USCIS office you have been scheduled for is closed You will need to schedule a new appointment on your own.

ASC Closures
If ASCThen  WeNote
Is closed temporarily on the day of your Biometrics appointment for an unforeseen circumstance such as inclement weather or a power outage;Will automatically reschedule all applicants to the next available appointment date. If you would prefer to come in once the office reopens we will process walk-ins on a case-by-case basis; however, the ASC may experience multiple walk-ins on the days following a closure and you may experience longer wait times.
Has closed until further notice and the reopen date is not knownWill automatically reschedule your appointment to the nearest ASC for processing based on your ZIP codeThis will continue until the ASC has confirmed a reopening date.

2. USCIS recently began transferring some extension of stay casework from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center to balance workloads. The affected casework includes the following form:
How You Will Be Affected

If USCIS transferred your case, they will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. If you receive a notice that they transferred your extension petition, please allow 21 days from the date of the transfer notice for the California Service Center to issue a decision or other notice of action.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check the status at by entering your receipt number in the “Check Status” field. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD hearing-impaired assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833. When asking about your case status, tell us your original receipt number and also say that your case was transferred to a new location.

If you have filed a Form I-129 and they send you any communication, including a request for evidence, please read the notice carefully. Make sure you respond to the same service center that sent you the notice.

If you move while your case is pending, you can change your address on the USCIS website or call the NCSC. It is important that you notify them of any change of address as soon as possible after you move, so they can notify you of any action on your case.

3. USCIS have updated their processing time on December 19. Please see the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Posting Tips:

1. To estimate when priority date can be current, please see this GC Calculator:

2. View or add your I-130/I-485/NVC case to GC Tracker:

3. You can browse or post new questions in GC Forum:

Comments posted above will only appear in this blog post. Comments posted below will appear across all blog posts:

comments powered by Disqus