Friday, January 26, 2018

Updated USCIS Procedures for Cuba

From USCIS Alerts:

Due to staff reductions at the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba, USCIS will temporarily suspend operations at its field office in Havana, effective immediately.

Individuals who live in Cuba must follow these filing instructions:


Filing Instructions

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

File your petition by mail with the lockbox facility in Chicago. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-130 webpage.

Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)

If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR) who has lost your LPR card and/or re-entry permit and you need travel documentation to return to the United States, you can file your Form I-131A with any U.S. Embassy Consular Section or USCIS international field office outside of Cuba. If you have a pending Form I-131A application, USCIS will be contacting you to provide further instructions on the processing of your case.

Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status


Submit your Form I-407 by mail to the Mexico City Field Office or present it in person to any U.S. Embassy or Consulate or USCIS international field office outside of Cuba.

Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition

You must file your petition with the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, depending on where you live in the United States.

We are working with the U.S. Department of State to reschedule any Form I-730 cases that were in-process at the U.S. Embassy in Havana and will be contacting affected petitioners and beneficiaries in the near future. For Form I-730 cases not yet scheduled for interview, the U.S. Department of State’s National Visa Center will notify concerned parties when an interview is scheduled at a designated post.

Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

If you are a member of the U.S. military and are stationed overseas, please see the Form N-400 form page or call 800-375-5283 for the most current form filing instructions. We will forward the application to the appropriate international field office. For qualified children of active-duty service members stationed abroad, the proper form to file is the N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322.

Cuban Family Reunification Parole (CFRP) Program

We are working with the U.S. Department of State to ensure that the CFRP Program continues to operate and will announce arrangements for interview/travel document processing for CFRP beneficiaries soon.

Cuban Medical Professional Parole (CMPP) Following-to-Join Spouse or Child

We are working with the U.S. Department of State to ensure that CMPP following-to-join cases continue for spouses and children to be processed and will announce arrangements for interview/travel document processing soon.

General information about the U.S. Embassy in Havana is available on the embassy website. You may also contact the embassy by calling 011(53)(7)839-4100 or by mailing:

U.S. Embassy Havana

Calzada between L & M, Vedado
Havana, Cuba

For emergency inquiries, you can continue contacting the Havana Field Office at For any other information on the services we provide, please contact the USCIS field office in Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Posting Tips:

1. To estimate when priority date can be current, please see this GC Calculator:

2. View or add your I-130/I-485/NVC case to GC Tracker:

3. You can browse or post new questions in GC Forum:

Comments posted above will only appear in this blog post. Comments posted below will appear across all blog posts:

comments powered by Disqus