Monday, April 17, 2017

Employment Authorization Documents Issued by the Potomac Service Center

From USCIS Alerts:

On April 17, 2017, the Potomac Service Center (PSC) will begin handling corrections to Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) that were issued by the PSC that may have incorrect information due to USCIS error. Previously customers were instructed to send EAD’s issued by the PSC to the Nebraska Service Center to be corrected. 

How to Request an EAD Correction

If your Form I-765 was approved by the PSC and your EAD contains incorrect information due to USCIS error, you must return the original card along with a detailed explanation of the error and supporting documentation to the PSC at:

Potomac Service Center 

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 

2200 Potomac Center Drive, Stop 2425 

Arlington, VA 20598-2425

In these cases, you do not need to submit a new Form I-765 and filing fee. The PSC will issue a corrected EAD within 30 days of receiving your EAD that contains incorrect information due to USCIS error.

If you return your PSC-approved EAD card and the PSC determines that your card contains incorrect information that is not due to USCIS error, the PSC will return the EAD card to you. In this case, you will have to follow the process detailed in the Replacement EAD section of the Employment Authorization Document page on order to have your card corrected.

If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Posting Tips:

1. To estimate when priority date can be current, please see this GC Calculator:

2. View or add your I-130/I-485/NVC case to GC Tracker:

3. You can browse or post new questions in GC Forum:

Comments posted above will only appear in this blog post. Comments posted below will appear across all blog posts:

comments powered by Disqus