Friday, May 24, 2019

Certain Nonimmigrants Can Now File Form I-539 Online

You may file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, online if you are applying as a single applicant (without co-applicants, or legal or accredited representation) to extend your stay and you hold status as a:

  • B-1 temporary visitor for business;
  • B-2 temporary visitor for pleasure;
  • F-1 academic student with a specific status expiration date;
  • F-2 spouse or child of an academic student with a specific expiration date;
  • M-1 vocational student; or
  • M-2 spouse or child of an M-1 student.

Filing online lets you:ng>

  • Get your application into our processing queue faster than mail delivery; and
  • Communicate with us directly, without sending paper mail.

F-2 and M-2 Nonimmigrants

If you are in the U.S. with F-2 or M-2 nonimmigrant status and want to extend your stay, compare the expiration date of your status with your spouse or parent’s F-1 or M-1 status. If the expiration dates on both are:

You can confirm your online filing eligibility at

Filing online helps you:

  • Apply using a computer, phone, or tablet;
  • Complete all relevant parts of your application;
  • See when we receive your application; and
  • Receive online updates on your case.

Form I-539 is part of the growing list of forms that are available for online filing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Posting Tips:

1. To estimate when priority date can be current, please see this GC Calculator:

2. View or add your I-130/I-485/NVC case to GC Tracker:

3. You can browse or post new questions in GC Forum:

Comments posted above will only appear in this blog post. Comments posted below will appear across all blog posts:

comments powered by Disqus