FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement):
- F1: Two to four weeks
- F2A: No forward movement is expected
- F2B: Four to seven weeks
- F3: Four to six weeks
- F4: Two or three weeks
Employment First: Current
- Worldwide: Current
- China: Three to five weeks
- India: No forward movement
- Worldwide: This cut-off date has been advanced over four and one half years since last spring in an effort to generate new demand. After such a rapid advance of a cut-off date applicant demand for number use, particularly for adjustment of status cases, can be expected to increase significantly. Once such demand begins to materialize at a greater rate it could have a significant impact on this cut-off date situation. Little, if any forward movement of this cut-off date is likely during the next few months.
- China: Will remain at the worldwide date
- India: Little if any movement
- Mexico: Will remain at the worldwide date
- Philippines: Three to six weeks
Employment Fifth: Current
The above projections for the Family and Employment categories are for what is likely to happen during each of the next several months based on current applicant demand patterns.
Readers should never assume that recent trends in cut-off date movements are guaranteed for the future, or that "corrective" action will not be required at some point in an effort to maintain number use within the applicable annual limits.
The determination of the actual monthly cut-off dates is subject to fluctuations in applicant demand and a number of other variables. Unless indicated, those categories with a "Current" projection will remain so for the foreseeable future.