Thursday, October 17, 2013

Filing a Complaint against an Immigration Lawyer

Filing a Complaint against an Immigration Lawyer

If you believe your immigration lawyer has failed to properly represent you, then you may file a complaint with the state bar where your lawyer is licensed. You may also file with the disciplinary counsel for EOIR or DHS depending on where your immigration matter was pending:

Department of Homeland Security:

Catherine M. O’Connell
Disciplinary Counsel
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
111 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Mail Stop 2121
Washington, D.C. 20529-2121
Telephone: (202) 272-1873

Executive Office for Immigration Review:

Jennifer Barnes
Disciplinary Counsel
Executive Office for Immigration Review
U.S. Department of Justice
5107 Leesburg Pike, Suite 2600
Falls Church, VA 22041
Direct dial: (703) 305-1020

Names of Suspended or Disbarred Lawyers

To find out if an immigration lawyer is suspended or disbarred from practice you may contact several sources to find that information:

Your state's bar disciplinary authority

Executive Office for Immigration Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Posting Tips:

1. To estimate when priority date can be current, please see this GC Calculator:

2. View or add your I-130/I-485/NVC case to GC Tracker:

3. You can browse or post new questions in GC Forum:

Comments posted above will only appear in this blog post. Comments posted below will appear across all blog posts:

comments powered by Disqus