- American Consulates expands
the initial interview waiver program which was initiated in India
in March 2012 to the following cases:
- Children applying before their 14th birthday traveling on any visa class
- Students returning to attend the same school and same program
- H-1B worker visas
- L-1A or Individual L-1B worker visas
- The renewal application must be within the same classification as the previous visa. If the previous visa is annotated with the words “clearance received,” that applicant is not eligible for a waiver of a personal interview.
- Not all applications will be accepted for streamlined processing. As always, consular officers may interview any visa applicant in any category. Applicants who are renewing their visas may still need to make an appointment for biometrics (fingerprint and photograph) collection, and all applicants must submit all required fees and the DS-160 application form. For additional details, please click here.